Bio & MyoFeedback in Rehab, Critical Thinking Toolbox
Pedro Teixeira, PT
April 12-13, 2019
This 2-day workshop aims to introduce a reasoning methodology that will enable health professionals to apply Bio & MyoFeedback to a broad range of rehab conditions. During this Workshop participants will learn the fundamentals of SEMG and other physiological measures. A clinical case study hands-on approach will be used to build up reasoning skills. At the end of this workshop participants should be able to delineate a biofeedback rehab protocol specific for there client needs.
Bio & Myofeedback Intro
- Brief overview of the different fields were Bio & MyoFeedback may be of use
- Basic intro to the different body systems and their physiological signals
- Bio & MyoFeedback conceptual models and critical training factors
- SEMG Fundamentals – From signal acquisition to MyoFeedback practice
- Building up the reasoning skills through clinical case studies
Case study 1 – Severe headache after a car crash
Transdisciplinary assessment and treatment of Head, cervicoscapular and psychosomatic symptomatology as well as postural related issues like voice quality and respiratory function.
Case study 2 – Non traumatic acquired brain injury sequelae
Transdisciplinary assessment and treatment of physical function (Urinary continence, swallowing motor function and neuromotor control) and psychosocial behaviour impairments (self-regulation of autonomic nervous system during cognitive stress).
Case study 3 – Postpartum emotional, physical, and behavioral challenges
Transdisciplinary assessment and treatment of psychological stress and urinary incontinence after child birth.
- Understand the fundamentals of SEMG and other physiological measures
- Be able to delineate a biofeedback rehab protocol
About Pedro Teixeira, PT
Pedro Teixeira is the myofeedback.com program director, invited Researcher at the Oporto Medical School and lecturer at several different postgrad courses and seminars around the world. For almost 10 years he occupied the Project Manager position for the Rehabilitation Projects at the Biofeedback Federation of Europe (BFE).