Self-Regulation Program for Peak Performance:
Olympic, Military, & Elite Sport Applications
Dr. Pierre Beauchamp
April 9-10, 2019
Dr. Pierre Beauchamp will share and demonstrate the latest sport science strategies that have been used to enhance the performance of Olympic, Military and Investment Professionals in both Canada and Internationally.
Day 1 – Pierre will outline the Pillars of the Mindroom PSP integrated program as follows:
- Performance Profile Assessments includes: Psychometric data, performance data, rest & recovery data, personality data, performance profiles, etc.
- Olympic Mental Toughness Program includes: the Olympic Mental Skills (e.,g., Psychological skills and strategies for peak performance; Resilience and coping strategies; Emotional regulation program) for high performance athletes and the Personalize Log book for deliberate practice.
- Biofeedback Self-Regulation Training includes: biofeedback program (e.g., Heart Rate Variability Training – Heart Rate and Respiration, Skin Conductance, Skin Temperature, Muscle Tension). Theory & Practicum Biofeedback, HRV and Breathing Demos will also be presented during this session. The majority of Day 1 will focus on HRV Biofeedback.
- Perceptual-Cognitive Training includes: decision-training utilizing a variety of technologies – all for enhanced anticipation, and decision making under pressure.
- Sport Science Performance Analysis includes: Performance & Biomechanical analysis, physiological and rest & recovery monitoring, video analysis, decision analysis, nutrition and sleep profiles, medical, rehab. and prevention, etc.
- Sport Analytics and AI includes: Data Capture/Management, Data Analysis, Advanced Analytics and Data Visualization and reporting.
Day 2 – Pierre will focus on how to train Olympic athletes for elite performance incorporating HRV Biofeedback and Neurofeedback integrated with mental skills (e.g., goal setting, imagery, attentional focus, self-talk, cognitive restructuring, and breathing techniques). Olympic Yearly training plans, deciding on what to train, training paradigms, common issues, will be presented. Each participant will receive related research and power points of the presentations.
- Understanding and interpreting athlete profiles with physiological & EEG measures
- Understanding and Integration of mental skills used with elite performers
- Integrating psychological & physiological measure with sport analytics
- Determining an appropriate data management approach for Olympic & Military units.
About DrPierre Beauchamp
Pierre “Red” Beauchamp, Ph.D. (Sport Psychology, Un. of Montreal) with over thirty-five years of experience as an applied sport performance consultant with both the Canadian Olympic Association and International Olympic Committees competing in both the Winter and Summer Olympic Games.
Pierre is the President/Founder of Mindroom Peak Sport Performance – an innovative human performance consulting firm that has achieved worldwide recognition through the utilization of cutting-edge sport science technology, decision-training, psychophysiological self-regulation software, and integrated mental toughness training programs to enhance resilience and human performance under pressure. Pierre is also the CEO/Founder of Athlete Readiness Solutions, providing Athlete Readiness & Recovery software for Military, Olympic and Professional Teams.